18/11/2009

The cook the thief his wife and her lover



Being on the foundation course last year i got to see very fine arty films, and normally id doze in the background wishing i was somewhere else.. But the character Michael Gambon plays, made me want to know what happened. I dont think i have seen a film, where i wanted the villan to die that badly.



The final scene where he is made to eat his victim is disgusting but brilliant at the same time, the chef is another big character for me, even though he has a minimal amount to say, his actions are very strong.

There was one thing that did amaze me the most though, the way the film took grip of me and kept me interested, event though there was only two main environments. Also the way it is made to look like the set of a play fascinated me, it made you feel as if you were actually watching it in the theatre.

No comments:

Post a Comment